Monday, August 14, 2006

Mojo Madness







We gave grandma a spectacular fireworks show the other night, we even made her a special viewing seat out of assorted glow sticks and her flamingos. I’d been saving the Mojo Madness (a very large and long lasting firework) for sometime now, and the arts and crafts idea to build grandma a viewing zone and let her rip seemed like what I’d been waiting for. The pictures don’t begin to do the lawn justice. It had rained all day and there was lost of moisture and fog in the air, which really seemed to add to the glow of the sticks. We set out a design on the front yard and when Grandma came out she got this look of astonishment on her face. “Did we get new lights?”
“No no grandma, its just the glow sticks.” Then Lacey and I let her crack one and she was astonished again.
“You mean each of those lights is one of these? Now I like these. I like that they glow for a long time! They don’t zoom by!” “Boy those sure do seem like fun, especially if you had a bunch of people over. Shoo yes!” We gave her a few to take to bed with her and she went and neatly laid them down on her bed, next to her duck. Her big soft duck. Every morning I wake up and look in there and see grandma’s bed, made perfectly, with the duck resting right in middle, kind of the bed.
In between fireworks I was blowing huge bubbles and grandma wanted to play so I let her play with the hand held bubble maker and she loved it. I mean she loved it. I was sort of trying to overkill and explanation of how it worked for her and she just said, “Here let me just fool with it for a bit.”
“Heck yes grandma! That’s all I needed to hear!”
“Boy that’s good exercise,” she says. I really need to start a traveling circus and go to the elderly homes around here. Young children and old adults seem to be my root demographic, haha. It’s everyone in the middle I’m trying to reach though. Refuse to grow up! Stay young forever! Come live in Never-neverland with me! I know Tinkerbell will! Whose else is comin’ with me? Come on, whose comin’ with me?
Suit yourself, home is where I’ll be.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter