Tuesday, August 22, 2006

farmdays


It rained long and hard today. Longest it’s rained consistently that I can remember. They fertilized the heck out of the fields a few days ago, so if we get a few days of sun here I bet the fields are going to explode. Dave came by this weekend and fixed the EZGO for us. Somehow the carriage keeps breaking and it needed to be welded back together. I don’t imagine it’s when we ride 6 deep on that thing that has anything to do with it. Anyways, I got a short little welding lesson. I have to admit I had my doubts Pop’s 1930’s model welder was going to work, but it did. I guess all those exposed wires don’t really mean too much. Have to give it to Dave though, he gets it done. He even reinforced the bracket with an additional piece of metal so hopefully it’ll last a little bit longer. He went to town on getting a muffler for the tractor as well. They have to actually machine a new muffler for it though, so he’ll be back. The turkey’s are everywhere. Big ol’ gobblers.

Here’s my question: is that a martini glass on the Davis Drug sign? What is that? This is not rhetorical, I want answers people. Participate!

No comments:

 

Blog Counter