Sunday, September 24, 2006

new friends, with and without gills





Now that we’ve got a goldfish bowl with her fish in it in the kitchen Grandma enjoys spending time watching the fish swim around. It’s a very lively fish, moves around a lot, a pleasure, really. I heard her make the comment the other day, “You know, he looks kinda lonely in there all by ‘imself.”
Well yesterday was the last day of the fair and it just so happened that I met a new friend on the airplane coming back from Dallas on Monday who was already planning to go to the fair on Saturday. I took the opportunity and not only met up with MaryBeth and her friend Mandy and MaryBeth’s sister, brother-in-law, niece, and their couple friends with their little boy who’s MaryBeth’s niece’s, boyfriend. Did I get it? Are you confused? Lily, the niece, is three. So not only that but I also got to use their expertise to win Grandma’s fish some companions. I still couldn’t make one in but MaryBeth and Mandy each made one and they both wanted to donate their winnings to the fish companion cause I was running.
So now we’ve got three fish from three different people. Grandma was so appreciative and wanted to be sure I reemphasized how gracious she was for MaryBeth and Mandy to donate their fish like that. So here, I’m reemphasizing it, Grandma says thanks a lot girls. It really is more than just a fish to her, she’s just that sweet.

I actually forgot my camera at the fair so these photos are thanks to MaryBeth. It rained for a few minutes but after it passed the most perfect, whole rainbow I’ve ever seen stretched all the way across Columbiana. (Where da gold at?)

No comments:

 

Blog Counter