Friday, September 22, 2006

dreams


August 19th-
Dad was in my dream last night. I didn’t realize it until I woke up; it was hard to get to peaceful sleep. It seems to take me until my first alarm goes off in the morning that I’m really actually tired enough to enjoy slipping back into my dream. We were on a huge cruise ship at some point, and a huge wave almost tipped it over. It crashed into the side of the boat and the windows shattered and everything. People sort of panicked, but not so much after the initial wave hit. It was after that at some point when dad and I were walking through a lounge of some sort, maybe looking for a table to sit down and eat. I was younger, and wasn’t ecstatic to see dad, so I clearly wasn’t aware I was dreaming. I was my child self, my naïve self who just took dad to be dad, the dad that would always be there to take care of me and I didn’t need to worry about it really. It was quiet at the table, I didn’t really have anything to say and dad was calm and just sat there. It reminded me of the father and son I saw sitting at the table together at that bar in Memphis I went to with Lauren the other day. When I woke up I realized, “That was dad!” but I felt I needed to get up and be here for when Francis came so that grandma would feel better. I looked outside and saw that Dave was here fixing the EZGo already too. Dad was in my dream though. That’s nice.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter