Thursday, November 17, 2005

the Two Six Misto



Now that I am home, surrounded by different objects than I was on the road, I give pause to wonder what it is I use around me to define me. How do I know who I am to myself? Of course there is the fundamental sense of simply knowing I am I, but I don’t believe it ends there. I listen to a certain set of music, I order my burger a particular way, I don’t eat cat food, I do eat vegetables, I don’t shop for clothes that often so I wear what I’ve got, I drive a certain car whether I resent it or not, which brings up another question. How much do I know about myself by what I don’t like? Like the old song says, “you are only what you hate,” and the new song says “you are what you lean on.” When I hear this I try not to hate anything, which is a good practice on an ideal level, but come one, who doesn’t hate anything? Something to lean on though, that sounds great. I just need to be honest with myself and appreciate what those things are. Standing on the shoulder of giants leaves me cold, but it lets me see real far too. Balance is everything. I prefer many more things than I hate though, so if I can focus on keeping that ratio pretty lopsided, I think I should be ok.
It’s been very nice here. Bright blue sky, poolside weather, the only clouds are the ones behind the jets and that haze that comes in towards the afternoon, but once you put all that out of your mind it’s a beautiful Southern California day, just like you’d expect it. On account of the lovely weather I was lying in the backyard, on my back, in a bit of a blissed out codeine stupor (the wisdom teeth), watching the leaves fall from two big oak trees. As I lay there looking up, tracing the tree against that bright blue sky, observing the sunshine cascade through all the cracks and crevices of the branches, a voice from the heavens spoke to me, sort of. Sort of a voice I mean; it definitely spoke to me.
Some of you will understand better than others. I believe there are sacred, invisible, archetypal geometric patterns that permeate all levels of existence. Patterns as such which may seem haphazard at times, such as the arrangement of the branches and leaves on this tree, but in essence these patterns are always mysteriously occurring, perfectly. Sometimes, in some moments on some days these patterns occur and reoccur simultaneously, which is a hard concept to wrap your mind around I know.
Think of it as similar to the way singers can syncopate their voices (sing in rounds – everybody try! Row row row your boat – now you go –row (gently) row (down) your (the) boat…and so on), these patterns are doing the same thing. When you find both groups singing the same word at the same time it is because their wavelengths are overlapping, even though they didn’t start at the same time. At certain perfect paradoxical moments the measure will line up, the conflicting wavelengths match up perfectly with each other for a moment, and BAM! something happens. Perhaps a octave shift or something.
Working along this same line, patterns are essential number ratios such as 1 to phi (1.168…) which is half of pi, relationships of situations to other situations, cosmic alignments, but all invisible. Geometric patterns may represent the form of the magic, but they merely point to it, they are not the pattern itself. The golden ratio of 1 to phi is found in everything from the shape of these falling leaves to the size of every brick in the great pyramid. There is something going on behind the curtain, the OZ is ever floating.
In my life I have stumbled across these patterns a few times here and there, even noticed them hit their syncopated beats, and one of the legends I’ve found is the number 26. Ahh twenty-six, the two six, the holiest of holies. What’s so special about two six? I may be making this up, and perhaps everyone has their own special little number that follows them everywhere, I admit this is a possibility, but my intentions and skepticisms were the same as yours one day. Perhaps the revelation is that simply by looking for a number in the world that surrounds you, your intention catalyzes it to appear, or perhaps its always there and you merely decide to start noticing it. What if you even started to follow it? Could it be a magical thread leading us somewhere in life, or would our own intention be leading us away from ourselves in the wrong direction somehow? Is that even possible?
Fine fine skeptics, believe what you will. The power of the two six is that you can’t prove it’s insignificant until you start to look for it and test it out for yourself. The magic is wholly subjective, and yet there are a number of you out there who have observed the same phenomenon as me, even pointed it out to me- two six is everywhere. It’s the cost of your grocery bill, in your phone number somewhere, ot in that girl’s phone number you’ve been trying to get for so long, or your address, or her address, it’s the random number people on TV seem to mention whenever they are speaking about something meaningless, (meaningless?)
The sacred geometry thing is a working hypothesis to explain why 26 is everywhere, the other being that there are 26 letters in the alphabet which cause it to come up a lot or something, but that doesn’t seem universal enough for me. This is a rather long set up for the pic, but now hopefully you’ll understand how I felt when, lying there on my back, counting leaves as they fall, I noticed a skywriter begin to write what you see above. I have no idea what 1260 written in the sky could possibly mean- to anybody else that is. Of course I know what it means, I just have trouble believing something that seems so silly, and yet so constantly and inexplicably rings true. I prefer to live in the misto inside of rot in the logical cages that don’t do a very good job of explaining the little things that make us wonder.
So to those who know, look at this shit! TWO SIX IN THE SKY! It’s like a message from the heavens...
And for those who don’t know, you’re invited to start partaking in the nonsensical mysterious joy that is the city life we lead. Find the message where it can get to you, you’ve got make a little space to observe the inconsistencies and quilt yourself something magic to ride on into the sunset with.

-Soul Cuttle


Father and Son
By Cat Stevens

(Father)
It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

(Son)
How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
It's always been the same, same old story.
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

(Father)
It's not time to make a change,
Just sit down, take it slowly.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
if you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
(Son-- Away Away Away, I know I have to
Make this decision alone - no)

(Son)
All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them They know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.
(Father-- Stay Stay Stay, Why must you go and
make this decision alone?)

No comments:

 

Blog Counter