Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ode to My Roadgear







Through all our trials and tribulations I always knew you could make it mighty one. Whether it was our long nights driving with the moon or early mornings waking up in national parks, you always kept me warm. Even when the AC was broken and you kept me too warm in Chicago in the middle of the summer, you kept me warm. Even when you had to get an entire new engine and I wasn’t even sure it was you when you came back, it was you, and we carried on across the land of free and the home of the brave. Even when you started dumping water on my feet from behind the pedals, I knew you were going to get better. Two brains later (control units in the dash) and four sets of new brake pads burned, we made it home like I knew we would, eventually. Thank you for our time together and may our future be bright and happy

Contact
Phish

The tires are the things on your car
That make contact with the road
The car is the thing on the road
That takes you back to your abode

The tires are the things on your car
That make contact with the road
Bummed is what you are
When you go out to your car and it's been towed

I woke up one morning in November
And I realized I love you
It's not your headlights in front
Your tailpipe, or the skylight above you
It's the way you cling to the road
When the wind tries to shove you
I'd never go driving away
And come back home without you

No comments:

 

Blog Counter