Thursday, November 10, 2005

Finding Neverland (no relation to Nederland, mere coincidence)



So I went up to Santa Ynez and ate at the restaurant from Sideways and realized how annoying that movie has been to the locals. Almost as annoying as the Michael Jackson trial because the Neverland ranch is just past the bull and around the bend. Wine has its perks, but I wanted to see Neverland. I’ve always heard it was every child’s dream (Ewwwwwhoo I know, just kidding). I’m not kidding though that there’s a lower school directly across the street from the hideout. Then again the hideout is some 2000 acres, but that’s a lot of room to get lost in. Well Neverland was a bit of a letdown and you’ll just have to trust me that’s it behind me. I guess I’m too old to charm my way in, oh well. Anyways, something about Neverland and Peter Pan and my love for Dr. Suess inspire these next few lines in this moment right here. Right here on this side of now. You’re going to get the far side of now but its as close as we can get.


A funny thing happened on the way to Neverland…
We hit a bump! No no, not THAT bump silly!
It was mom and I and our friends the Wells
Protecting our privates on the grounds of acquittal
I’m not scared, he’s in Bahrain!
I only worry about the school across from his giraffe
Midland kids might come down with a rash
Two oceans to cross, Michael’s no match
Then again, Michael Jackson is a god to some people
Whose silly now?


(notice I’m not an idiot, I’m protecting the goods)

No comments:

 

Blog Counter