Friday, November 11, 2005

the pulling and yanking and pulling and yanking


I got my wisdom teeth taken out today and it sucked, let me tell you. Don’t let anyone ever tell you it should be done with local anesthetic, knock yourself out.
It’s strange losing a part of me that has been with me for a long time now. Despite is despotic state and constant drain on my energy and peace of mind, I feel its absence. Sort of. It still hurts too much to go feeling around in there with my tongue, so I’m sticking to gnawing on gauze and thinking happy thoughts. How am I going to eat? It’s hard enough to get down a swallow of water to take the antibiotics and occasional codeine, chewing is out of the question. Where’s my IV?
If I were looking for some sort of hidden transmission of wisdom (haha) from this experience I would notice the way it forces me to slow down. It reprioritizes all the thoughts in my head and reminds me of the immediacy of my body. Without my body running well enough just so that I am not in constant pain, which is a very amazing thing in itself when I think about it, I am never truly free in my mind. I am thankful for all the times this is not the case, because by being free from constant obsession with the body the mind wanders elsewhere, deeper and further into the potential to be explored.

Explore
To be explored
To explore the unexplored
You and I
Here and There
(roll that around in your head)

Wisdom comes in the absence of it’s physical form is perhaps the lesson. We transcend the bodily to grow in the mind. Hmmm, this has some resonance to it, do you feel that? Perhaps I am going to learn something from this miserable experience after all.

*

SloMo Ballon
Keller Williams

SloMo balloon
With a mind all of its own
Eerily floating
Mission is clear
Don't touch the ceiling
Just linger in waiting
An interesting face
In the life of a balloon
Literally goes with the flow
Drifting in the draft
Of the passer by
SloMo balloon refuses to die

I think that is where
I would like to be
A state of constant floatation
No stomach to feed
No blood to bleed
Just a gravity-less vacation
Younger and unleashed
Surely we would float up to
The top of the sky
For certain would have exploded
Survive that rationale
Now he lives to tell
Silent tales of a simple time
To the interesting face
In the life of a balloon
Literally goes with the flow
Drifting in the draft
Of the passerby
SloMo balloon refuses to die

Why not waste the time
Dreaming
What else is there to do
With the time
Mercy of the air
That is dreaming
Away from my mind

2 comments:

b.a.s. said...

"the body is a karmic wind-up toy"

get over your attachment to it.

Cole Suttle said...

let me take a wrench and yank out your back teetha nd then hear you tell me about the karmic wind up toy

and yet still i know you're rigth on some distant universal level. sympathy has its components too

 

Blog Counter