Sunday, December 10, 2006

Anniversary of the Dawn

Happy Birthday Mom!


Mom, all everyone can talk about is how incredible Thanksgiving was, and we all know that was all thanks to you. I realized it’s easier to talk about someone when they aren’t around, which is maybe why I talk so much about how great Dad is more often than I do you. Having lived here in your home, in your home town, I want to be direct about it and say that I know now Dad was only as successful as he was because of you. Every great man has a great woman behind him. Maybe I don’t find words enough to say it as often as I should, but I want you to know you inspire me. Without getting into details, I just want to make sure you know how much I love you, and appreciate you, and realize that I am who I am because of who you are. You are the coolest mother ever, the envy of all my friends, and I’m so happy that you found someone to share your life with again. Watching you work your magic during Thanksgiving I realized how lucky Lillian and Abel are to have you as well. Winn is an incredibly lucky man, and when I see how happy he makes you it gives me peace of mind and I know that everything is going to be OK. You have so much love to give, such an overflow of love, I am just so happy you found more family to share it with. You truly are the dawn because you bring light into so many people’s lives. The other day I was thinking about that thank you note that the painter wrote you and couldn’t help but smile. That never happens, and yet you touched him so deeply he felt inspired to write you a thank you note for allowing him to paint the house. I don’t know what the world may need, but I’m sure it’s more people like you. Perhaps because I’ve been so lucky to have you in my life my entire life I worry I forget to tell as often as I should how much you mean to me. But even outside of me, as a woman and a person, you are a beautiful and radiant being, and without a doubt the world is a better place because you are in it. I hope you have a great birthday, thank you again for everything you’ve given me. Thank you for all your support and unconditional love, and for making such an awesome team with Dad so that everything could have worked out just the way it has. Perhaps not the way you may have envisioned it years ago, but blessed none the less. Whatever I don’t express with words I trust you know by heart. If there is any way I can be as supportive of you as you are for me, please just let me know. “My door is always open” so to speak, just in case you ever need an ear to listen to you like a friend. Just making sure you know, I love you forever.

Your Son,
Cole

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen

 

Blog Counter