Thursday, July 06, 2006

just because wild cat's don't have litter boxes...






July 6th

Porch Talk:
Grandma told me this evening about how she was sitting on the porch watching the stray cat that seems to have adopted itself here for a long time this morning. She said she watched him dig in the ground for a good long while and she couldn’t figure out what he was diggin’ for. Then she realized what it was cause he went and sat right on top of it and (see Grandma doing a visual in your mind’s eye right here of the cat going from digging to sitting on top of the hole it dug for itself) “And it did a job!” she says. “Funniest thing about it was the way it sat up on its hole like it did (she does the cat-pooping-in-hole imitation again).”
Now that’s funny. Funniest Grandma moment I’ve had this week for sure. The look on her face as we were laughing, priceless. Then she goes on and says, “Yeah! Then he covered it right back up and I thought, ‘Golly I could step in that!’”
The cat seems to have been getting some loving from somewhere because he gets more and more brazen about coming up to you for a rub or a pet every time. He started rubbing on grandma’s leg and she was so funny talking about how she didn’t want to be mean hearted towards you cat, “but I don’t want to pet you cause I don’t want you to stay. I wish I could just give you some food and have ya be on your way!” Rolling laughter, my gosh if you know Grandma you know what a delivery that story had when she told me. Gosh, so good.
Oh yeah this is the other great grandma comment of the day!
The turkey’s, come to think of it, have been missing from the fields for a few weeks. I hadn’t really thought about it until Grandma said something though. We used to see them everyday and then they’ve been gone for a bit, but today I saw them out in the field again, but this time there were two big turkey’s and four little ones. I told Grandma that I’d seen the turkey’s today but there were two big one’s and four little one’s and she said, “Ooooooooh, so that’s where they been, makin’ babies! I been wonderin’ bout them. They must have a nice home back over there in the woods, that’s where I always see ‘em.”
She was so delighted. Life on the farm, you just can’t stop it.

There was a really big storm today, finally really let out some hard rain for a while, but afterwards it cleared up and the sun came out just in time for a bright exit into sunset and life was especially pretty we commented. The fields seemed to glisten in the rain and the bright sun and all the birds and bugs were singing after the rain too. The hummingbird is hanging around the porch again too. Hummmm, I wonder…

No comments:

 

Blog Counter