Wednesday, June 28, 2006

tea bag metaphors




“Wisdom becomes knowledge when it becomes your own personal experience.” -written on the piece of paper attached to the tea bag I brewed today.

“The field is like your body, your being. And your body is like your ego within the field, the larger field, and the crickets and cicadas and birds are like the energy fields that are always in the field. The degree to which you can discriminate and become aware of the varying frequencies in the fields is the degree to which you heal, are a healer, allow yourself and others to be healed.”

There is a tendency to get going and then something unsettling, something I’m unsure about or emotional or uncertain about comes into mind for just a moment and the whole train fractures, jumps track and I spiral off into sitting uncomfortably numb at the station again. I realize clearly now that what I’m doing is not what everyone is doing. This is what I’m doing, the thinking not everyone is doing. Is that something? Is this doing something? Can I follow the dharma? The truth? The path? Can I get off the path?
I realized over the past month and a half that there was a lot about my Dad’s death that I haved yet to realize and face head on. Death is a very powerful, overwhelming phenomenon with an infinite number of angles and perceptions and fears and things that depend on faith but can’t be seen without it that force the soul to explain itself to itself, and the process of having to explain yourself to yourself is uncomfortable and evolutionary. It’s so hard to maintain a fresh perspective on yourself but it’s the most important and beneficial thing you can do.

=========

Thank you for teaching me to count my blessings, integrity counts, character really does matter, it’s better to learn to do it myself the right way the first time, God’s behind everything, and that the best thing you can do is leave the world around you a little bit better than when you found it.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter