Monday, June 19, 2006

colorful subtlties







more celebration photos. are those watermelons we're carving?

------

i think i know
chs

How often do you pray with your eyes open?
Who told you to close them when you sleep?
Who sets up things that don’t make sense
And turns big wheels that don’t connect?
Who made me blind but full of feel?
Who tricks me daily with delirious zeal?
Who twists the ironies I cannot miss
And turns me upside loose and limp?

I think I know, I think I know
Didn’t ever meet him till the day by the shore
In the waves the tides spoke loud to me
I saw the moon and it was pulling trees
And the trickster reminds he always here
In the thoughts you thought were just getting clear
He heard the words inside your head
And gave it back with a slight of chance

He’s a rhyming fool and he makes it so cool
But it makes him a delicate, powerful tool
So don’t doubt what you’ve heard for too long
Accept that ring and your own overtone
Be a match made memory of the perfect prince
then run back home and spread, spread, spread what you know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this one, this one? too?

 

Blog Counter