Wednesday, November 29, 2006

all the leaves are brown...








Just as I expected, a bunch more leaves blew down while we were gone. I was pleased to return to the farm and hear a heady crunch when I took my first step out of the car. When I went back over this morning, it was clear a little time in the season had passed, just as it should. Oh how I love the many faces of the farm.

And as the leaves fall, we find things, things are revealed, such as the green ball that’s been stuck in the tree out in front of the house at the edge of the field. Hmmmmmm… falling leaves reveal hidden green balls… if this were a dream, what would that be a symbol for?

What is the life cycle of a leaf?
City leaves are buried artificially in garbage bags.
Country leaves go back into the ground right where they land, or get burned for kindling.

No comments:

 

Blog Counter