Friday, December 16, 2005

The Most Interesting Thing on the Floor Game/Oracle

Wednesday, December 7 (Moon in Aquarius to Pisces 12:45 a.m.) Focus will be on where you live and a decision relating to your martial status. Decide on the direction of your life. A Capricorn and a Cancer will play outstanding roles and could have these letters in their names: B, K, T. At the track, choose the number 2 position in the second race.

So after the show Travis and I are mulling around and he gets on the phone, so I decide to play a game with myself called “let’s find the most interesting thing on the floor.” I would be lying if I said there didn’t appear to be anything very interesting or out of the ordinary. Cups of course, lots of those thin cocktail straws bent and discarded, wet spots, a few cigarette butts, and then I saw someone’s ticket they had printed off at home on a folded up piece of paper. There was a glow stick too but I’ve seen those before, and since the paper was the only thing with writing on it, which I thought might reveal some deeper, interesting ‘thing,’ it won the most interesting contest.
I went back to check on Travis and his phone call, started to try to tell him about the game I’d been playing for the last few moments, but decided it wouldn’t come out right, and I knew that, and that’s ok, I still had fun. But then on our way up the stairs I saw a plane ticket stub on the ground and in an instant I decided that was the new most interesting thing on the floor and so I picked it up.
“Travis, what city do you think this plane ticket is to or from?”
“What? Umm, ok, New Mexico?”
I looked down at the stub now for the first time. “Salt Lake City to San Francisco. Hmmm.”
I tried to think if there was something interesting about that, at all. The first thing I thought was interesting was that the ticket didn’t explain how it got to LA, there’s a story for ya. And then I realized it did actually relate to something, kind of, was I making this up? Am I making this up? I kept wondering as we walked out and realized that I’ve been trying to decide what to do for New Years for one, and what to do about getting a job after New Years for two. My prospects so far, and the two options that are available and seem solid are to go see String Cheese in San Francisco for New Years and then go to the Deer Valley in Utah with Haadman and totally try something new. I do so well when I get to start off fresh, and if I get to do it with someone, especially someone who I know and who knows me as well as James, then that just makes it even cooler.

(I have the ticket stub too if anyone’s really care’s that much.)

No comments:

 

Blog Counter